Call for Candidates for 2017 AMHA Board of Directors
April 28th, 2016
As outlined in AMHA bylaw 4.6 "By April 1st of each year, the Executive Director shall deliver to each member entitled to vote in the regions in which Directors are to be elected in the upcoming annual meeting of members a notice stating the number of Directors to be elected for each such Region and the final date for the filing of nominating petitions and further stating that a form for nominating petitions is available upon request without charge. Members shall be entitled to nominate candidates for the position of Regional Director by delivering to the Executive Director on or before October 1st one or more nominating petitions signed collectively by at least fifteen (15) of the members entitled to vote for a director from the Region at the upcoming annual meeting and signed by the nominee named therein to demonstrate acceptance of his nomination. Electronic signatures on nominating petitions and on a nominee’s acceptance shall be deemed acceptable."
Accordingly, the following positions will be included on 2017 election ballot distributed to AMHA members in good standing as of December 31, 2016.
Three regional directors for each Eastern, Central and Western Regions. At the 2017 Annual Meeting, one director from each of the Regions shall be elected to a one year term, one director from each Region shall be elected to a two-year term, and one director from each Region shall be elected to a three-year term.
For a person's name to be placed on the official ballot, that person must go through a nomination process, which consists of:
- Candidate must be an AMHA member in good standing possessing an individual or life membership;
- Residency within the region for which they are running;
- Obtaining official nomination petitions from AMHA's headquarters and securing a minimum of 15 qualified voting members signatures of the region;
- Filing the nomination petitions, with appropriate number of qualified signatures, with AMHA office by October 1, 2016;
- Valid signatures on nomination petitions are AMHA members in good standing, over the age of 18 with a record address in the Region as of December 31 in the year prior to the deadline of the nomination petition;
- Each candidate must sign each nomination petition to show acceptance of nomination.
EASTERN: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, South America, Europe, Africa
CENTRAL: Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, Central America, all U.S. Territories, and remainder of North American except Canada
WESTERN: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Canada, New Zealand
AMHA encourages all members to consider getting involved in the governance process of the Association. If you think you might be interested, please obtain a set of nomination/election guidelines from AMHA by contacting AMHA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (802) 985-4944 ext. 201. The election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting of Members in February 2017, which is currently scheduled to be held in Riverside, CA, as part of the AMHA Convention.