RULE 4- REGISTERED PREFIXES
A registered prefix is a name, word, letter, or combinations of these, preceding a name, recorded with the Registry and used exclusively by the owners of Morgan horses for the purpose of distinguishing Morgans bred by them from those of other Morgan breeders.
A. A prefix may be recorded with the Registry providing:
1. The word(s) selected as a proposed prefix cannot be the complete name of a registered Morgan horse that has lived in the last fifty years.
2. The word(s) selected as a proposed prefix cannot be the complete name of a registered Morgan horse that has registered offspring
3. The prefix applicant shall not have another registered prefix on record with the Registry.
4. The Prefix Application has been correctly completed and submitted with the appropriate fee
5. The Registry does not deem the prefix to be confusingly similar to a name or prefix previously recorded or otherwise unsuitable.
B. A name, word, letter, or combination of these, preceding a name, not recorded as a prefix with the Registry, may be used by other breeders, until registered for the exclusive use of one breeder.
C. A registered prefix can only be used by the recorded owner of that prefix. The recorded owner of a prefix may grant permission, in writing and on file with the Registry, to designated person(s) to allow use of that prefix.