Recognized Club Requirements
The American Morgan Horse Association Clubs Program was established to unite Morgan enthusiasts. It is a program for equestrians of all kinds to meet and promote the Morgan breed.
Guidelines and Helpful Tips
AMHA Recognized Clubs are independently-operated membership organizations that are the backbone of this Association through their promotional contributions of: hosting and participating in promotional events, creating and managing horse shows, hosting trail rides and so many other events that educate everyone about our beloved Morgan horse. Your Club is purposed with getting the word out to everyone about this amazing breed. AMHA can assist in connecting your club with other clubs across the nation, and the world, to share activities and ideas to better promote the Morgan Horse. However, AMHA is not responsible for club activities and does not formally sanction them.
Recommended guidelines are provided on the AMHA Website to help your club be successful in the promotion of the Morgan Horse. (To start a new club, complete the application found HERE.)
1) Clubs will receive an annual invoice for the $50 renewal fee to maintain recognition and inclusion on the AMHA website.
2) Clubs must designate a President, Treasurer and Secretary (or Secretary/Treasurer) with additional officers recommended, but not required (i.e., Vice President, Show Manager, Newsletter Coordinator, etc.)
3) Clubs must designate an AMHA Liaison. This role may be handled by an existing officer. Often, the liaison will be the Club Secretary.
4) AMHA Membership is required of the President and Secretary.
5) Club members are encouraged to maintain active AMHA memberships.
6) Each Club is to be governed by its own set of properly constituted bylaws, often written by the Club founders/officers.
7) Each Club should hold a general membership meeting at least once a year; more are recommended.
8) Each Club should have annual elections of officers and is to notify AMHA of officer changes immediately following the election/change.
9) Promote the Morgan Horse at venues and events applicable to your local area.
10)Clubs with youth members are encouraged to create an official AMHA Youth Team. For more information on the Youth Teams, click HERE.
The entire Recognized Club Guidelines may be viewed by clicking HERE.
National Organization Requirements
AMHA National Organizations are clubs that promote a specific Morgan interest on a national level (racing, sport, bloodlines, etc.). Organizations must meet the same requirements as Recognized clubs with the exception of requirement #7 (a general membership meeting is not required).
AMHA Club Benefits
AMHA recognition means Morgan clubs receive support for breed promotion and club membership expansion. Breed Promotion Grants are available to our recognized clubs. Please visit the Resources page to learn more.
All recognized clubs are listed in The Network each year. A listing includes the name, e-mail, and telephone number of the club’s contact person.
Annual Club Awards (New in 2021)
One of AMHA’s most valuable assets is our network of Clubs. AMHA has updated and improved the Recognized Club Program including the awards options. Now there is something for everyone! Clubs may submit for one, multiple or ALL six (6) categories which are:
- Promotional Event of the Year
- Educational Event of the Year
- Competition of the Year
- Social Event of the Year
- Most Unique Event of the Year
- Outstanding Club Member of the Year
The deadline to submit your event(s) for consideration for a 2021 award will be November 15, 2021.
Promotional brochures may be ordered from AMHA for club activities. Materials are free, but clubs are asked to pay shipping costs. Orders should be made at least six weeks before an event.