Friday, February 16, 2018 | Lexington, Kentucky
1. The minimum bid at the 2018 Stallion Service Auction is $800 (or otherwise noted). The stallion owner is responsible for the minimum bid if there is no bid on the stallion service.
2. Bidding will begin online at www.morganhorse.com/media-events/service-auction/. Online bidding will close on Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. EST. If you do not have Internet capability, please call Erica Eulau at (802) 985-4944 extension 301 and she will place your online bid for you. Bidding will continue on the stallions with the Top 10 bid “amounts” and non-stallion items on Friday, February 16, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. EST during the live Stallion Service Auction, held at Hyatt Regency Lexington in Lexington, Kentucky.
3. All bids during the live auction will be advanced at a minimum of $100 per bid. All online bids will be advanced by $50.
4. Stallions tied with the same bid amount at the close of the online auction will count as “one” bid amount, no matter how many stallions are included at that bid amount, therefore it is possible that more than 10 stallion services could be auctioned off during the live auction. Minimum bids will not apply toward determination of the Top 10 bid amounts. Only stallions with actual bids will be counted.
5. All telephone bidders must register prior to the live auction. To register by phone, please call Erica Eulau (802) 578-5716 before 6:00 p.m. EST, Friday, February 16, 2018.
6. Telephone bids will be accepted throughout the day of February 16, 2018 until 6:00 p.m. EST.
7. The live auction will be held at 7:00 p.m. EST, during the Stallion Service Auction until all stallions with the Top 10 bid “amounts” have been sold on Friday, February 16, 2018.
8. Telephone bidders are strongly encouraged to call in on Friday, February 16 to check on the current bid of the stallion they are interested in.
9. Only one bid per stallion is accepted at a time. No escalating bids.
10. Telephone bidders may request a return call if their bid is raised. The bid may be raised during the course of the live auction, after which the telephone bidders will be called back IF REQUESTED AND IF TIME PERMITS. No new bids will be accepted after the announced time frame.
11. EACH OF THE STALLIONS WITH THE TOP 10 BID AMOUNTS AT THE CLOSE OF THE ONLINE AUCTION WILL GO THROUGH THE BIDDING PROCESS ONCE! At 7:00 p.m. EST, only bids on the stallions with the top 10 bid amounts at the close of the online auction will be accepted. Each of these will be auctioned separately and only once. No telephone or live bids will be accepted on the previously sold services at this point. If you are a telephone bidder, please call in to check on the horse you are interested in before 6:30 p.m. EST.
12. Please be at the telephone number you provided during the live auction.
13. The Stallion Service Auction phone number is (802) 578-5716. The phone line will be open all day February 15 and 16, 2018 until all stallion services have been sold.
14. Payment in full is due immediately following the auction.
15. Notice by mail or by phone will be made to the winning bidder if not present.