USEF Competition Lite - AMHA Resource Page
BENEFITS of USEF Comp Lite (or Regular) Licensed Competitions
1) Qualification for the Grand National & World Championship Morgan Horse Show®
2) AMHA's recording of show results into AMHA’s permanent records
3) Show Results (placings) that count towards AMHA’s Champion Title program (CH and GCH)
4) Ability to host AMHA Medal Equitation classes, and
5) All the benefits that a USEF governed competition offers such as providing a level playing field, standardized rules and regulations for the safety and well-being of equines and equestrians alike, and administrative and legal support to show management and officials.
Collaboration with USEF and other Breed Affiliates
US Equestrian and the Arabian Horse Association (AHA), American Morgan Horse Association (AMHA), and American Saddlebred Horse and Breeders Association (ASHBA) are pleased to announce refinements to the licensing requirements for USEF Lite competitions. Leaders from these organizations initially met together during the 2023 USEF Annual Meeting in January to address challenges with the USEF Lite competition structure and began their work to develop solutions that will enhance benefits to participants and organizers of Lite competitions. Meetings continued through the spring and productive modifications to the eligibility for USEF Lite competition licensing were developed. USEF issued their formal press release on August 15, 2023 outlining the solutions and providing links to their online toolkits. To read the entire press release click here.
Quick Resources - Click the items below for more information:
- 10.25.2023 Memo to AMHA STAR SHOWS - Including benefits of USEF Comp Lite governance
- USEF Competition Lite Reference Chart - Quick Start
- USEF's Competition Lite Website Resource Page
- AMHA Competition Lite Grant Program/Application
- USEF Competition Lite "Learner Steward or TD" Grant Program/Application
We are here to HELP!
For personal assistance from AMHA staff in transitioning from AMHA STAR Status to USEF Competition Lite governance, contact AMHA Executive Director, Carrie J. Mortensen (email@example.com or 859-405-0746) or AMHA Executive Assistant, Kathie Morrow (firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-308-1544). We look forward to assisting you!