CITRUS CUP to Host First Rule Forum of 2022 (Updated 8/9/2022)
AMHA will again be hosting USEF Rule Change Forums at all the 2022 Regional Horse Shows. There are some very intriguing proposals being presented to the membership this year. Please take the time to participate in the Regional Rule Forums at any regional show you’re attending.
Some of the proposals include allowing the use of supplemental hair, allowing any type of pad in Classic Pleasure (leaving the length requirement as is), allowing all Western horses to show in a snaffle bit, and clarifications to several class specifications. Be sure to attend and have your voice heard and recorded.
Whether these rule changes will be officially submitted and move forward in the USEF process (with possible effective dates of 12/1/2023) will depend on the input received from the AMHA membership base.
We look forward to seeing you at the rule forums and recording your thoughts on these proposals. Thank you in advance for participating in this important endeavor.
The first forum of the year will be held at the Citrus Cup Regional Horse Show on Wednesday, April 13, 2022. Location will be the Grandstands of the Alachua County Agricultural and Equestrian Center in Newberry, Florida immediately after the afternoon session. For questions regarding the location or facility, contact Show Manager Alicia Davis via email HERE.
The dates, times, and locations for future forums are listed below. Those that show "Date TBD" will be updated as soon as the information becomes available.
NOTE: If you are unable to attend any Regional show forum or the Grand National Rules Forum, you can provide your opinions/input/ideas via a survey monkey form by clicking HERE.
Other Upcoming Forums:
- May 26, 2022 (Thursday) - Southern States Morgan Regional
- James B. Hunt Horse Complex, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Raleigh, NC
- Immediately following the morning session in the Show Arena Cafeteria.
- Contact: Liz Holmes, Show Manager, email@example.com
- June 16, 2022 (Thursday) - Morgan Gold Cup
- Ohio Expo Center, Columbus Ohio
- Following the morning session in the seating area behind the Coliseum announcer platform.
- Contact: Barbara Dunham, Show Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 21-24, 2022 (Date TBD) - Morgan Medallion Classic Horse Show
- South Point Arena Equestrian Center, Las Vegas, NV
- Contact: Stacy Hennessy, Show Co-manager, email@example.com
- July 25-30, 2022 (Date TBD) - New England Morgan Regional
- Three County Fairgrounds, Northampton, MA
- Contact: John Lampropoulos, Show Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 3-7, 2022 (Date TBD) - C-Fair Charity
- Evergreen Equestrian Park, Monroe, WA
- Contact: Nancy Harvey, Show Manager, email@example.com
- August 31-September 3, 2022 (Date TBD) - Jubilee Regional Morgan
- Coliseum of Champions, Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, IL
- Contact: Sandy Sessink, Show Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 14, 2022 (Wednesday) - New York State Morgan Regional
- New York State Fairgrounds, Syracuse, NY
- Coliseum at the conclusion of the In Hand classes, Wednesday morning.
- Contact: David “Tuffy” Owens, Show Manager, email@example.com
- October 12, 2022 (Wednesday) - Grand National & World Championship Morgan Horse Show
- Oklahoma State Fairgrounds, Oklahoma City, OK
- In the seating area on the west side of the Coliseum (upper deck just under"Justin's Place") immediately following the last class of the Coliseum's morning session.
- Contact: Kelly McFaul, USEF Morgan Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org